Sunday, October 07, 2007

Huckabee Knows What He Likes and Likes What He Knows

Below is an article on Huckabee's website about this weekends Iowa Poll. It is probably something that news stations/sites will neglect to mention, but that is what we're here for! Congrats Huckabee!
------------------------
Little Rock, AR - Former AR Governor and Presidential Candidate Mike Huckabee today "welcomed news" that a new Des Moines Register poll ranks him No. 1 among registered Republican voters in Iowa who have "made up their mind" in the 2008 presidential election - and No. 3 among GOP candidates overall.

"This victory is really good news," said Huckabee about the October 7 poll of likely caucus participants. "This poll confirms that the field is wide open - and that my campaign continues to surge among likely voters."

Huckabee scored first among the voters (about one-fourth of those polled) who have made up their mind, with 19 percent, and third place among all potential Republican voters, with 12 percent. The former Arkansas governor also scored very well among religious conservatives, coming in third with 18 percent.

Huckabee has surged since his strong showing in the Aug. 11 Iowa Republican Party Straw Poll. Support for the other GOP presidential contenders who were included in a Des Moines Register poll taken last May has essentially flat-lined or eroded.

"Voters in Iowa, New Hampshire, and South Carolina - and all across America - are looking for a strong conservative leader with a consistent message, results-driven record and positive vision for America's future," said Huckabee. "This new poll reflects what we're feeling on the ground: that my campaign is on an upward trajectory in Iowa and other key battleground states."

---------------------------------------------
In other Robert Land News, we returned today from our three day trip to beautiful Jackson, NH. The trees had begun to turn brilliant colors and we had a great time there as we always do. We stayed again at he Snowflake Inn which is by far the nicest place I have ever been. The owners take care of everything you could possibly need. Saturday, we walked across the street to a restaurant and the hostess was uber rude so we left. When we returned, the front desk lady asked how our meal was so I told her what happened and then turned my attention to their swell DVD selection. As I was looking, the front desk lady went and told the owners (who live on site). Momma Owner quickly stormed out and placed a call to the mean restaurant and chewed them a new one. I only felt slightly bad that someone may have gotten in trouble (though the hostess at the mean restaurant was an older lady who should know better) these feelings quickly passed as I watched Robin Williams in "Man of the Year".

Another great thing about Jackson/Conway, NH is the gluten free restaurants. Rafferty's has an entire gluten-free menu identical to the "normal" menu. We went there 3 times and I was able to order pizza, chicken tenders, onion rings, dessert....ahh to feel normal again. There was also an Italian restaurant, but we didn't make it there due to being so full from Rafferty's.

We also went canoing (sp) and on a short hike to Glen Ellis Falls, both of which were a lot of fun. I will post pics later this week!

And congrats to the Boston Red Sox who wicked embarrassed the Angels this week. It is really funny. I was never a major baseball fan. I liked the Astros (still do) but was never obsessed wit them. I had interests if they made the playoffs, but just watched for a score on the news. Loved going to the actual games though. Since moving here though, I have turned into a huge Sox fan. I know the player's names, I keep up with their rotations, I checked the scores everyday, watched the games online (not live, but that little updater thing sites have) and this Wednesday I did the unthinkable...I listened to the first playoff game on the radio as I drove home from school. Even honked when they hit a homer. What has become of me? Red Sox fever, like I said back when we went to the game. Maybe it is from being exposed to it on a daily basis or because people are so into it here or because Bryan bought me a hat before a moved. Either way, I hope they win it all.

No comments: