Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Super Huckabee!

Two topics in one blog. I just read this article on CBS and found it pretty interesting. Huckabee showing up to all these events that the other candidates seem too lazy to do themselves says a lot about the former Governor. Read the article here.

I also wanted to share part of his email that I received:
-------------------------------------------------------------
"Mitt Romney seems to think being "top tier" is about money. He recently made a comment suggesting that our campaign was going to need to raise $20,000,000 this quarter to be considered top tier. Well let me break the news to everyone, we aren't going to raise anywhere near that and frankly that suits us just fine.

Let me ask you though, do you think being a top tier candidate should be based on raising money a lot of money?

I know I don't. In fact if I weren't running, I would want the candidate I am supporting to say "Top Tier" should be about what you stand for and how the rest of the Republican Party feels about your positions.

Here are some of my top tier ideas:
1. I support and have always supported passage of a constitutional amendment to protect the right to life. My convictions regarding the sanctity of life have always been clear and consistent, without equivocation or wavering. I believe that Roe v. Wade should be over-turned.

2. I support the FairTax.

3. We have to know who is coming into our country, where they are going, and why they are here. We need a fence along our border with Mexico, electronic in some places, and more highly-trained border agents.

4. I believe that we are currently engaged in a world war. Radical Islamic fascists have declared war on our country and our way of life. They have sworn to annihilate each of us who believe in a free society, all in the name of a perversion of religion and an impersonal god. We go to great extremes to save lives, they go to great extremes to take them. This war is not a conventional war, and these terrorists are not a conventional enemy. I will fight the war on terror with the intensity and single-mindedness that it deserves.

As I said, we aren't going to raise a bunch of money. What we want to raise is a bunch of support for our ideas. Ames, Iowa proved that we could be outspent and out raised and still turn folks out to the polls.
--------------------------------------------
To learn more on and support Mike Huckabee for President, visit his site (link found on my sidebar).

Secondly, tonight is one of my favorites nights of the year! It is when Smallville returns from summer hiatus!! This is one of those shows that seems to grow stronger ever year. The creators are hoping for one more season after this, but that depends on how well ratings are this year. Hopefully they will be just as good as previous years!

Now is it's seventh (!!!) season, Clark finds himself ever closer to stepping into those red boots. Likewise, Lex has officially been seduced by the darkness. The season looks to be a great one with the return of Green Arrow as well as another Justice League episode, the introduction of Supergirl (though it would seem they are hoping for a spin off from this), Brainiac's return, and Clark being on his own.

When the season ended, Lex's experiment went extremely wrong resulting in the creating of Bizzaro (one of my favorite villains). For those who don't know, this is an imperfect clone of Superman (though Smallville has it's own unique twist). Bizzaro basically beat the tar out of Clark before flying off. Lana was in a truck that blew up, Chloe and Lionel were knocked out in a building that was caving in, and Lex was arrested. The season premiere promises to be a good one as they generally have been. Catch Smallville on the CW Thursday nights at 8/7 c! And for more news, visit the Krypton Site!

NFL picks to come later!

2 comments:

Bryan said...

I see you updated some of your music. Please mail me your man card as soon as possible. I was going to let the Broadway tunes slide by, but I cannot let Neil Diamond slide.

Robert said...

If every man were honest, we'd discover that all men are a wee bit jealous of the Diamond.