Thursday, September 20, 2007

"I Believe in Evolution"

No need to fear, I am not changing my beliefs. A video that will be posted further down made me think of a song by the old school Christian band Geoff Moore and the Distance: "I believe in evolution: the changing of the heart, renewing of the mind." Ahh the early 90's...so campy.

The last few weeks have been tough for me. Oh sure, I appear all happy and thrilled on here, but I have been struggling. Nothing horrible. There is just a lot going on all at once and I lost my focus a bit and started struggling with some things. Easiest way to sum it up: we are all called to step out of the boat and walk on water but, like Peter, we generally all take our eyes off Him and begin to sink. We are all involved in several conflicts while we're on this Earth. The spiritual conflict we face often becomes a struggle against ourselves. Long story short: I am trying to get my focus back where it belongs. Just need to liten to the Voice of Truth who "tells me a different story. The Voice of Truth says 'Do not be afriad.'"

"Difficulties are meant to rouse, not discourage. The human spirit is to grow strong by conflict."
- William Ellery Channing.


I have a new video on Mike Huckabee from a recent debate in New Hampshire. Being a Christian, he was naturally asked an unrelated political question. As always, Huckabee was poised and gave a fantastic answer that even made some of the other candidates raise their hand (in a praise like manner).








School is going okay. Had a test today I wasn't prepared for. The first day of class we were told that our tests would all be take home. Apparently the professor forgot these words. Luckily I B.S. well on tests. I am still digging my two computer courses. I can actually understand some HTML now. HTML is the language that all Internet is written in for those who may not know. When all is said and down I should have a web page to show for it. I was even able to read the HTML for this blog and make it not bold since my button wouldn't work. Fancy I know.

Jen was away this week so I rented "Remember Marshall". A movie about the Marshall 70's NCAA football team. Good movie that did well at presenting the history of this tradegy, but the lead actor could have been chosen better. Still worth the watch.

I had a good week NFL-wise in Week 2. The Niners are 2-0 for the first time since 1997 I believe despite a struggling offense. The Texans seem to be on the right track finally and Peyton and Company won a tough one against the team formerly known as the Oilers. There are some tough games this week so here are my picks:

Chargers finally win against Packers
Vikings top Chiefs (if their first string QB plays)
Patriots dominate Bills
Jets beat Dolphins
Lions shock struggling Eagles
Steelers beat Niners...unless the 49ers offense come alive
Rams put one in the win column against Buccaneers
Ravens smack Cardinals
Will the Texans go 3-0 versus Colts? I'd pick an upset here, but WR Andre Johnson is out so Colts have the advantage. Though, the Texans are the last team to beat Peyton.
Broncos run out of luck against Jaguars
Raiders beat confusing Browns
Seahawks take out Bengals
Panthers beat Falcons
Surprising Redskins keep Tom Coughlin's Giants winless
Dominating Cowboys defeat Bears
And in what should be an interesting Monday Night Game, the Titans beat the Saints at home.

Last Week 12-4 Overall 21-9

Added a few more songs up above. Put in some Neil Diamond (though I couldn't find my favorite "Cherry, Cherry") and Simon and Garfunkle cause I rock like that (don't you miss our lunch car rides with my choice of music Bryan?). I will take requests if anyone has a song they want on here. The one that should play first is one of my favorites. It's "Beautiful Savior" by Casting Corwns. In fact, my aforementioned struggles are put into perspective by a verse in that song: "I will trust in the cross of my Redeemer. I will sing of The Lamb that never fails...of sins forgiven, of conscience cleared, of death defeated and life without end!" Amazing how easily we can lose faith when everything is already taken care of...beautiful Savior indeed.

2 comments:

Bryan said...

The one song I would have expected to be in your list is not there. That's cold, man.

Robert said...

I actually looked for it and couldn't find it :(