Saturday, September 15, 2007

I Can't Think of a Title!

I saw this in the September 2 Sunday Edition of the Boston Globe. I have noticed that most comic strips are now overtly politcal - making fun of republicans and even Christians. So you can imagine my surprise when I read "Get Fuzzy" by Darby Conley.

School is off to a fast start. I still haven't managed to get into the swing of things though. It will be a long semester, but at the same time should go by quickly. I am really looking forward to my video editing course. Besides being a cake walk, it also sounds like a lot of fun. We'll have to make a music video, newscast, put together a scene from Desperate Housewives and I can't remember the other thing. The worst part of this semester will be the late nights. Being at school till 10 and getting up at 5am is no fun. Yes, I know hwen Jacob is born I won't sleep anyway, but that and this are different. Will I be tired in both? Yes. But there is that certian mental exhuastion that comes from getting stuff done for school and work and prepering for baby and church and maintaining a marriage. All will be well though.

I have added a playlist to my blog. Not quite sure how well it will work, but hopefully it will be a nice addition. If you see one you want to hear, just select it. You can also turn it off using the controls. Songs I enjoy are on it (obviously) and I will add to it as we ride along in this journey called life. Ooooh! I should add some Journey on there too!

So the big story this week was all about those pesky New England Patriots. They were caught cheating at their season opener. I wish you guys could hear the fans out here talk about it. Apparently, since everyone cheats, its not a big deal. I stopped a guy cold in his tracks when I responded with, "so if your girlfriend cheats on you it's not a biggie because almost everyone does it?" There are a few people here who are not happy about it. My favorite agruments have been "the Patriots are a talented team, they don't need to cheat" and "Our coach is a genius, we don't need to cheat". Then why did they/he? The biggest reach are the ones (yes, plural) saying that the caoch did it on purpose in order to motivate the team because he is a genius. Riiiight. At least the NFL punished the team. I was pulling for a suspension on the coach. I never understand fining rich people. It's like going to McDonals and buying a few items for them. It will cost them draft picks too though.

It is at this point that I need to clarify something. A few posts back I stated that I "hate" the Patriots. I try and never use that word, but apparently I did and I apologize. I do not like the Pats though. I greatly respect their player talent and no doubt they are a good team that will make a run for the Super Bowl, but I am not a fan. I will even talk about them and watch a game here and there (like their big game versus the Chargers tonight). I just find some of their players and def. their coach arrogant. They are therefore far from my favorite team. Sorry that there was confusion.

Speaking of the NFL, here are my picks as well as a video from Peyton's stint on SNL. I emailed it to a few of you back when it came out, but it's funny enough for a second view.



NFL Picks (Week 2)

Bengals over Browns
Colts over Titans
49ers over Rams (I hope)
Packers over Giants
Steelers over Bills
Saints over Bucs
Texans over Panthers (my trendy pic of the week)
Jaguars over Falcons
Lions over Vikings
Cowboys over Miami
Seahawks over Cardinals
Bears over Chiefs
Broncos over Raiders
Ravens over Jets
Patriots over Chargers (this should be a great game)
Redskins over Eagles.

Last Week: 9-5

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the added music. Pats coach makes 5 mil a year so $100K is chump change...and, they have (had) two number one draft picks coming up so they aren't hurt that bad. Great blog.

Pops