Wednesday, January 25, 2006

What Would Kanye West Do ?

Found this newsbit on Kidd Kradick's website:

Kanye West has ticked off the Catholic Church. America's Catholic League has a little problem with Kanye posing for the cover of "Rolling Stone" wearing a crown of thorns on his head. The ACL says it's offensive and moronic. But Kanye says he's got a lot in common with Jesus because both he and the Lord had to fight for recognition and suffer for success. In the accompanying article, Kanye says, "If I was more complacent and I let things slide, my life would be easier, but you all wouldn't be as entertained. My misery is your pleasure."
Picture from cbsnews.com

Now, I 'm not Catholic, but I would think this should be offensive anyway, and possibly sacrilegious. And I don't recall ever reading that Jesus 'fought for recognition' or suffered for 'success'. As I recall, Jesus was pretty popular from the get go and had a large following. While he did suffer, it wasn't for his success, but for our sins. That includes you Kanye.

4 comments:

Bryan said...

Yeah, yeah. And Bush hates black people, too. This guy has gone off the deep end.

Robert said...

Well you know, Moses saw a burning bush...Kayne hates Bush...HEY! Moses and Kayne are a lot of like!

Anonymous said...

I say again....the end is near.

m.d. mcmullin said...

self-absorbed party of one, your table is ready...Mr. West? Your table is ready as soon as you're done looking at yourself in the mirror.