Thursday, January 26, 2006

School Days

Well, I am currently sitting in the 'Boiler Room' located at Boston Baptist College (hence forth to be called BBC). We got out of Advance English early today (yea!) and so now I sit and await my next class (hermeneutics/interpretation of scripture). I thought as long as I am sitting in the Boiler Room, I might as well write a blog for all the curious souls at there who might be wondering 'I wonder how Robert is enjoying school?'


I am currently in my 4th day of classes and so far so good. Honestly, it is much like any other college, there are just more christians. That and we pray at the beginning of every class. And there is chapel. And I got to remember to bring my Bible (which I did that anyway at TJC).

For those who don't know, I am taking Old Testament Survey II (1 Kings - Malachi), New Testament Survey II (Acts - Revelations), Baptists & the History of Christians, Hermeneutics, and Advance English Composition (having to take this only because they use the 'Turabian' or Chicago style of writing and not the MLA that I know like the back of my hand...hey, what the heck is that growing on my knuckle??!).

I'd have to say that Old Testament Survey is my favorite course thus far (gotta love history). The teacher is really good and enthusiastic. He also knows his stuff which I always like from a teacher. The other class that interest me is Hermeneutics. It is probably going to be the most in depth class and is also very important because, "Without proper biblical interpretation, the theology of an induvidual or of an entire church may be misdirected or superficial and its ministry unbalanced." Thats from my text book.

I have only had to stay up late once (so far) and that was on Monday. I had to read the book of Acts as well as 5 chapters in our textbook for NT Survey. So I think I am adjusting well enough.

Not sure what else to report on really, school-wise. The Boiler Room is currently filled with out 5 children. Not sure why. Maybe a chemistry went really bad and turned some of the school into toddlers.

Everything else is going well too. Grace is doing really well too. More and more visitors each week. We started our Bible study groups last weekend and that was fun as well. God is doing great things through Sean (our pastor) and I am excited to see what He will do with Grace in the days, months and years ahead.

Weather has finally turned back to winter (or what they consider winter) around here. High today is in the low 30's with wind chill in the teens. Snowed Monday and Wednesday, but the sun does its job at melting it all away.

As some of you have probably already noticed, I have changed and thus fixed my website. I am so happy and thrilled that my side bar is where everyone can see it. What perplexes me is how many people come to this site and how few vote in the poll. So be sure to do that...it takes very little to make me happy and you all know I don't ask for much.

For any "Smallville" fan out there, be sure to watch the big 100th episode tonight. Here is a quote from the KryptonSite (link found on my side panel), "This episode is a very big deal and the events within will feature at least one major death that will change Clark's life forever. You may think you're spoiled about the episode - trust us, some of the speculations are wrong. There may even have been photos that have leaked that show things that might not necessarily be in the show. So yeah. Whether you end up liking the final result or not, there will still be surprises." Exciting stuff. And so help me...if anyone calls me during the episode, well lets just say you won't hear a very happy man on the other end. Because I'll make Jennifer answer.

Nash Out!

1 comment:

csb said...

Hey, you guys go to one of the most kickin' churches in Boston! We'll be passing through in a few weeks, maybe we'll get to meet you guys. Thanks for your prayers and support! Give Sean a hug for us.