Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Rob's Ramblings

I just finished what I consider my new favorite piece of (christian) fiction. "Dead Heat" is the final book in Joel Rosenberg's political series and is an outstanding book. If you haven't read any of the books in the series, that's not a problem. The book is great as a whole or a stand alone. If you have ever wondered what America's place is in end time events, this book does a great (and frightening) job of answering that question. Rosenberg's books have a knack of predicting the future. I won't take the time to address that on this post simply because I have done it twice before (search Rosenberg on my blog). Anyway, do yourself a favor and buy a copy today.

I saw that NBC will be airing episodes of the hit show Monk (Tony Shalhoub) on Sundays. I am very excited about this. Monk originally aired on the USA Network which we don't get (we are part of that select group that boast Basic Basic Cable...please don't be jealous). I have seen only two episodes in the past but enjoyed them. Of course Sunday night is one of those evenings that watching TV seems to be impossible, but maybe I can record it (again, select group -VCR User).

Finally after a trip to Japan, California, and Canada the Boston Red Sox are home and ready for Opening Day! This is like a national holiday here in MA. Seriously, they were showing the traffic on the morning news and no one is out. It is very exciting though. Jordan's Furniture is doing another promotional this year. Last year they made national headlines when any furniture bought between certain dates at the beginning of the season would be free if the Sox won the World Series. I did my best the convince the wife that we should partake. She wasn't for it. I am not hung up on it...sigh. Anyway, this year there is a new catch. First off not all furniture is up for grabs. More importantly, winning the World Series isn't enough anymore. This time they have to sweep (they swept the last two times). I think I will pass on this one.



Please be sure to check back later this week for an important update having to do with a Cystic Fibrosis fund raiser.

No comments: