Friday, August 24, 2007

Sorry Tyler, TX

Just read a very shocking article reporting that the brilliantly created reality FOX show Anchor Woman would be canceled after only one airing. I know, I know - it's very upsetting and most of us won't be able to sleep at night. I mean seriously, what are these people thinking? A woman who has no acting much less anchoring (that a word?) experience gets a job at a struggling news station in Tyler, TX. Maybe the woman had nothing to lose, but I have to figure that it would harm the station more than help it. I would find it hard to take them seriously afterwards.

It all works out though. I think Tyler is better off with out this show. No offense (because they do this in every town) but the people they spoke with off the street weren't exactly the brightest in the box. I know Tyler is not a hick town, but FOX was advertising it like it was. Saves me a lot of heat at work and school too. Didn't want to get into any fights defending family and friends (though I would have if need be).

Speaking of getting into fights - I had an alteration at work this week with a very tall man. This guy, who will go unnamed, works at the same place I do with the older children (I am with kindergarten). We have two buses at work: one has a CD player/radio the other does not. Whoever the site coordinator is that day tells everyone which bus to get on. This particular day we got the "fun" bus. I use quotes because quite honestly I'd rather the none radio bus. I generally have to find a happy place when the radio is involved. Scary some of the songs these young children know and even scarier the dance moves they do, but that is a different post.

Anywho, as we were loading up to leave and head back from our trip, this co-worker began yelling at me for getting on the bus with the radio. Literally yelling and in front of all the students (which is a pet peeve of mine). He kept saying all this stuff about us not being fair and that our kids always get the bus (which we hadn't in over a week). I calmly told him that the boss man told us to get on this bus and he should talk to him. This really set him off. He began saying that this wasn't about the boss and it was about me and him and the fact that I am not fair. Now in print, this seems like a fairly simple conversation, but it was anything but. This guy was not going to listen to reason, he wanted his way or nothing and was basically trying intimidate me. I don't get angry very easily, but I was set off this day. Probably because I was being accused for no reason and he wouldn't listen. I finally walked away and then he began yelling at other teachers about me.

As I said this guy is tall. He is a professional basketball player (though not pro) and has played for the Harlem Globetrotters. I think I reach his mid chest region. No teaching experience, but his agent (seriously) got him the job here. He never follows the rules the rest of the teachers have to and he also finds screaming in the face of children and threatening them with jail time a good teaching method (he makes most of the kids cry which gets them yelled at more). I figured if it came down to throws, I'd make a punch for the crotch which is near my shoulder and then run. Remember kids, you don't have to run the fastest...you just can't be the slowest.

We're getting our windows replaced today so I am hanging in the basement. Pray that the guy finishes today. He said it may take till tomorrow (his help is sick) but I would love for Jennifer's sake for it to be finished today. The noise is quite amplified down here. I may take some Ambien to make it through the bulk of the day. Joking. Or am I?

More to come.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You played that one well!

Hope everything is ok with the windows.

Later.
Nips