Friday, October 20, 2006

Retrospective

Hard to believe for some because "it has felt longer" and hard to believe for us because "it seems like only a few months" but today marks the one year anniversary that we loaded up in the car and U-haul and made a three day journey across the eastern half of the United States to our new home in Massachusetts. Jen and I have been looking back over the past year and everything that led up to it and it always comes down to 'God is good'.

A lot of people thought us crazy, told us we were making a mistake and thought we'd be back when the house wouldn't sell or for some other reason. But God in His greatness found a buyer for our home two days after we arrived. He has given us a wonderful place to live, a great job, a church and church family, and friends. Being honest with ourselves, we couldn't think of a happier time in our marraige. Has it all been easy? Of course not, life never is. But God sees us through the tough times as well as the good. All the good and the provisions are nothing we have done on our own, but only through His grace and His mercy. As Paul so wonderfully stated, "To the glory of God the Father..."

Even in our one year here, so much has happened. Jennifer's switched departments at the hospital, my college and major have changed (though I didn't really have a choice in major at the first college I attended), our way of living and even ideas on life have been changed. We look forward to the future and what God has in store for us.

Some of the highlights from this year of course include all the family and my friend who have made their way out to see us, helping with a new start up church, all the amazing cities we saw on the trip out here, walking and playing in the snow, summer strolls to the ice cream shop, visits to fun and beautiful places (numerous trips to Newport RI, our 3rd anniversary in NH, white water rafting in ME and soon a trip to VT), my memorization of the Freedom Trail over the course of touring family during the summer, people acting like it was the end of the world when the temperate rose above 100 degrees (no joke, they had help centers...rookies), getting lost at Harvard Square, Superman Returns, getting schooled in pool at the Charlie Horse, finally seeing Les Miserables, an actual white Christmas, the Pour House in Boston, seeing the leaves change colors, One Night 2006, seeing the Fenway Park with my brother and sister, apple picking, student teaching and the list can go on and on...but I have school soon.

For some fun memories hop over to
Robert's (Old) Land to read the blogs I wrote during our move out here. I was actually pretty funny despite the fact that I had just driven over 12 hours everyday. There are also some more pictures if you head over to the old photo album. Of course there is the link to our current photo album on the left side bar.

In closing, I wanted to share a song that I had in my heart our entire trip out here and would say to God before going to bed each night. It's a song that I still find very appropriate.

"For all that you've done I will thank you. For all that you're going to do. For all that you promised and all that you are Lord is all that has carried me through. So Jesus, I thank you. And I thank you, thank you Lord. Thank you for loving and setting me free. Thank you for giving your life just for me. How I thank you. Jesus I thank you. Greatfully thank you. Thank you." (Thank You from Dennis Jernigan's Hands Lifted High)

No comments: