Sunday, December 24, 2006

Merry Christmas!

As is tradition, tonight my wife and I selected the Card of the Year.
This is the first year that the chosen card has been featured on my blog. I find this to be a welcome addition to the contest after nearly 10 years.

Allow me to provide a brief history. One Christmas Eve, my sister and I were hamming it up for the camera. My sister is all her creativity, pulled out all the Christmas cards and we pretended to host an awards show of sorts. We selected what we thought was the best card of the bunch, had a laugh, and then ate junk food. Little did we know that this would be such a big hit. We continued to do this even after she went off to college, and then I kept up the tradition after we moved to Colorado. I brought this fun event into my marriage and luckily for me, my wife enjoys it.

Congratulations to this year's winner. It was a backdoor entry that came in a box of gifts shipped to us. Just so everyone knows, when selecting the chosen card, we do not look at the names. No playing favorites in this contest. It's a serious business. So without further delay, the winner of the 2006 Christmas Card Contest is....



Joe and Jerri in "Festive Christmas Tree". We liked the vibrant look of this card and the fun feel it gave to the traditional Christmas tree. Well done.
















Our Second Place Winner goes to one of my students with "Festive Snowman". Notice how enormous the snowman is in comparisson to the forest. No one is going to jack (frost) with that guy.





Finally, our Third Place Winner goes to Pat from Curry with "Snoopy and Woodstock's Christmas". This card featured various textures that would make it enjoyable to people of all ages. Add that with the enduring Snoopy and you have a winner. Well, a third place winner anyway.




Jealous? You should be. This is a tremendous event in the life of a Christmas card! Entering is easy though. Simply mail us a Christmas card by Christmas Eve and it will automatically be entered into that year's contest. Sorry, picture created cards are not eligible for First Place status, though they have been given their own distinct category. Cash bribes do not ensure victory, but they are always helpful.

I hope that everyone had a very merry Christmas and that you take time today to say a prayer of thanks for the real reason we celebrate!





3 comments:

Bryan said...

Um, my kid better have been in the top 3 of the picture card category. (Kidding). (Kinda).

Robert said...

You'll be glad to know that she came in first in the "Cutest Girl on a Picture Card" category. She was second overall in the "Best Picture Card" only to my nephew, but you understand how that works.

Bryan said...

Understood.