Tuesday, August 22, 2006

State of The Robert's Land Address

Ladies and gentlemen, The Robert of Robert's Land

(clap clap clap clap clap clap clap)

Well, we are winding down the final days of summer. For some, you may have already gone back to school, others may still be enduring 100+ temperatures, while others may not have even noticed it was summer. For me, the temperature has dropped about 20 degrees over the last few weeks (for those who think Boston is the Arctic, its not...we are hitting around 80 currently). All the summer trips have been taken and enjoyed. All the visitors from the south have come and gone. Time to set my sight on what lays ahead.

(clap clap clap clap)

First off, as some of you may have noticed, I could have really cared less about blogging this summer. With the start of summer came the turning off of my brain. That will be changed...hopefully by Monday morning. I have been putting up puff pieces about movies, video clips, pictures, and copied news stories. I have reviewed these postings along with posts of the past and will try and get back on track this fall with my flow of creativity.

(
Standing clap clap clap clap)

With the end of summer comes the beginning of a new school year. My 2nd semester of BBC will officially begin Monday the 28th.

(Right side - clap clap clap clap)

I will begin my semester with a two week, nearly 6 hour a day blitz featuring the Exposition of General Epistles. The Fall semester will continue after that with Old Testament Survey I, New Testament Survey I, Exposition of Prison Epistles, Exposition of Thessalonians, Intro to Ministry Skills, and Journalism.

(Left Side, partial right -
clap clap clap clap)

For those bad at math, that is 21 hours with the blitz. The key to the War on BBC is speed my friends. We want a speedy resolution to this conflict. I will go in, do a lot of shock and awe and get out as quickly as possible. You have my word.

(Scattered clap clap clap clap)

For those who have enjoyed the photos from various summer trips, do not worry about the approaching seasons of change. There are currently plans under way for a trip to Vermont to see the leaves change. There will be the premier of "NASH RETURNS" in November. There will be snow, Christmas, and plenty of memories to share along the way!

(silence)

*Clears throat* Most importantly, the fall season brings the start of football and new television shows to our lives once more. FOX Sports predicts that the Fighting Aggies of Texas A&M will meet Arizona State in the Sun Bowl!...or Purdue, Wisconsin or Michigan State in the Insight Bowl...or possibly Wisconsin in the Alamo Bowl. Either way, best of luck to you A&M as you begin your new season.

New shows are always exciting, but be warned there may be some duds out there! Do not be fooled. I have taped FOX's new series Vanished and will review it this evening. Expect a full report tomorrow. Will Till Death shine for the former Raymond star? Who will win the war between Studio 60 and 30 Rock? 60 is a bigger number. And what of our returning favorites? How will Clark get out of the phantom zone? Will House be cured of his limp? Are Jim and Pam going to hook up? Did Dean and Sam survive? And what the crap is happening with those lost folk? All these questions and more will be answered in the coming months! Except maybe the one about the lost people.

(Scattered yawns)

And so my fellow Robert Landians, I encourage you to keep up the good work. Visit often, laugh much, and cry a little. And for the love of everything, leave comments every now and then. I don't do this for giggles. It's all for you Damian...or whatever your name happens to be reading this. You don't have to be a member of the United States of Blogspot to leave a comment. I close with this: ask not what Robert's Land can do for you. Ask what you can do for Robert's Land.

And the answer is leave comments.

Seriously, I know where everyone lives who visits.

Thank you.

(coyote howls)




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a very creative piece of work...really! I enjoyed it very much...not that I am prejudiced or anything.

Love,
DAD

Anonymous said...

loved the speech...maybe you should contact GW and offer to write his speeches...and I LOVE the pics...MY BABIES!!!!! Can't wait to see the fall pics of Vermont. Wish i could be there.
Sounds like you have a heavy load this semester....will be praying for you!
love you, MOM